Hohenwerfen Adventure Castle
Hohenwerfen castle is located on a 155m high rock outcrop approximately 40km south from Salzburg in the Salzach River valley. The majestic fortress is surrounded by the impressive Tennen and Hagen mountain ranges. Built in the 11th century it is a "sister castle" of Hohensalzburg fortress.
Today Hohenwerfen presents itself as an "adventure" castle with many attractions including concerts, theatre evenings and castle festivals.
- Daily castle tours with weapons exhibit (Easter to November)
- Salzburg's falconry centre with daily flight shows
- Falconry museum with bird of prey nature trail
- Special exhibitions and festival weekends
- Historical Ritter meals (Middle Ages experience)
You can reach the castle in 15 minutes via a shady footpath or simply use the lift!
April, October and November from 09:30am to 04:00pm
Monday closed (except public holidays)
May to September from 09:00am to 05:00pm
17. July - 18. August from 09:00am to 06:00pm
April, October, November: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 01:00pm, 02:00pm, 04:00pm
May to September: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 01:00pm, 02:00pm, 04:00pm, 05:00pm
17. July - 18. August: 10:00am to 06:00pm
If required there will be more tours!
01. April - 05. November: 11:15am, 03:15pm
17. July - 18. August: 11:15am, 02:15pm, 04:30pm